We Wish you a Merry Christmas!
Posted on December 17th, 2014 by Matt Noble
Andy Williams says ‘It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year’ and it’s hard not to agree when you see adults and kids alike giddy with excitement through December. I still can’t resist the urge to run around Christmas morning screaming “He’s been! He’s been!” (This also gives you a small insight into what my poor girlfriend has to put up with living with me).
Here is my guide to the essentials for Christmas:
1) Embrace the resurgence of the Christmas jumper. Gone are the days you begged your Nan not to knit you one and avoided wearing it at all costs. Now the more outrageous and exuberant the jumper you own the better (double points for hand knitted vintage relics from Nan too)! Of course I myself also proudly sport one throughout December (at any opportunity) and enjoy the compliments, looks of disgust and other reactions it can provoke in passers-by and friends alike.
2) Watch some Christmas flicks before the big day arrives, my suggestions include:
• Elf (hilarious)
• Miracle on 34th Street (heart-warming)
• A Muppet Christmas Carol (because it’s the Muppets!)
• The Nightmare Before Christmas (Tim Burton’s best film… IMHO)
3) Prepare a Christmas songs playlist, mine is primed for use all year round. Wham!, Slade and The Pogues have all provided us with some musical gold around the festive season but if I were to pick a favourite it would probably be Sir Paul and the Wings who can rest safe knowing I’m keeping them current with the youth of today.
Remember, Christmas essentials:
• Christmas Jumper (tick)
• Christmas Movies (tick)
• Christmas Tunes (tick)
• (optional extras including: food, presents and snow machines)
Finally I’d like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. See you in 2015.
P.S. Don’t forget to leave some mince pies and carrots out for the Big Man and the Reindeer on Christmas Eve!