Posted on February 17th, 2017 by Matt Noble
Posted in medDigital
Here we are, February, a funny month. The obvious highlights being Valentine’s Day (though perhaps not universally popular) and of course Shrove Tuesday / Pancake Day (which is not so selective with its target audience and probably preferred as a result, especially for those that enjoy pancakes, rather than it’s religious significance). I am personally very excited about Pancake Day!
The winter months also affect a surprisingly considerable portion of the population in another way, SAD, not just January blues but Seasonal Affective Disorder. The BBC’s fantastic series ‘Trust Me I’m A Doctor’ explored this to find out more about how it affects us and how many people are affected by it.
It’s been suggested that up to 5% of the UK population (a whopping 3.2 million people!) can suffer severe depression as a result of SAD, not just the low mood often synonymous with the condition.
The solution, light, light and more light, getting out in the sunlight (when it appears) or utilizing special light boxes that keep your Vitamin D levels up. With other additional health benefits of Vitamin D recently hitting the news and suggestions it should be added to foodstuffs generally, it would be interesting to see if the reporting of SAD would decrease with increased Vitamin D intake.
But let’s not forget, the days are getting longer, the sun is shining more and Spring is only around the corner so hopefully SAD is already on the decline for those unfortunate enough to suffer. I wouldn’t mind just one more snow day though 🙂
Posted on January 11th, 2017 by Matt Noble
Posted in DefinitiveDx, medDigital
UPDATE: We are no longer accepting applications for this role, however we are always happy to accept CVs from prospective candidates. For further information visit our Careers page.
medDigital are on the hunt for a Scientific Advisor to join our team!
We at medDigital want to revolutionise healthcare with digital communications. To aid us in our mission we have established some rules to help us work effectively together. If you want to use innovation to improve patient care then you will fit in well with our team. Join medDigital to help us revolutionise healthcare.
- Key responsibilities will be digital content development and project management of digital projects including website implementation.
- Additional responsibilities may include expert engagement projects, digital project support.
- Focused on the pharmaceutical industry.
Digital Content Development
- Project and client management
- Medical, scientific and copy writing
- Content review under ABPI and other pharmaceutical codes
- Expert engagement strategy and planning
- Expert recruitment and management for engagement activities
- Advisory board management, including agreements and payments
- Strategic reporting, including detailed analysis
- On-line moderation and compliance adherence
What do I need to apply?
- Experience within (or directly with) a pharma company in at least one of the following areas:
- Scientific Affairs
- Medical Communications
- Medical Information
- Expert Engagement
- EU work authorisation.
What is desired?
- Experience managing individual or team workload in partnership with colleagues or clients.
- Experience creating and managing digital activities such as website development, Facebook pages or Twitter accounts, not necessarily on a professional basis (e.g. you have an active Twitter or Facebook account)
What qualifications do I need?
- Pharmacy or life science degree.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our office on the London South Bank with skyline views and free beer! Flexible working is also available. You will also need to visit our clients’ offices from time to time which may involve international travel.
How much will I be paid?
- Up to £35,000 depending on experience.
- Quartlery bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Private healthcare (Bupa)
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Team reward activities
- Laptop and mobile phone
How can you apply?
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com and complete our on-line application form.
Posted on December 22nd, 2016 by Matt Noble
Posted in medDigital
IT’s (almost) CHHHHHRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSTTTTTTTMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
The big day is almost upon us and hopefully that first sentence gives you an idea of how excited I am, as ever. Mince pies have been bought, films have been recorded and Christmas jumpers washed ready for wearing at any/every opportunity.
A couple of years ago I shared my key ingredients for Xmas, still valid in my opinion but you can judge for yourselves.
This year I thought I’d share what I’m most excited about.
In no particular order:
1) Toys. Be it ‘helping set-up’ or ‘showing how to use it properly’ Xmas gives you the perfect opportunity to play with the toys bought for the younger family members. I took great pleasure in building a K’Nex model plane with my nephew a few years ago, which despite his best efforts to get away from we persevered with, even completing it on my own after he’d gone home!
2) Food! Xmas brings with it some particular delights you don’t often get throughout the year, mince pies, pigs in blankets and sausage meat stuffing to name a few. The great thing about Xmas is that seconds isn’t frowned upon, if anything its encouraged!
3) Games. Monopoly (for the patient), Articulate (for the competitive), Charades (for the traditional), your options are endless. The only guarantee is the ensuing argument mid game…
Whatever it is you enjoy about Christmas we hope you enjoy it whoever you are sharing it with.
The team at medDigital wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Posted on December 16th, 2016 by Kimberley Young
Posted in medDigital
We’ve been enjoying what London has to offer this month and thought we’d share our expeditions with you!
The 90s came alive again at the legendary Crystal Maze experience where the team fought hard for 90 minutes and successfully endured the skill, mental, physical and mystery activities through the Aztec, Futuristic and Medieval zones. Even though we had to sacrifice a member of the team to a temporary prison, it all paid off when our 55 seconds in the Crystal Dome lead us to secure second place! Go Green Team….until we were quickly knocked off of our pedestals to find out we had cheated – who knew?! The moral of the story being: don’t get caught cheating.
Ice Skating in the picturesque courtyard at Somerset House was another highlight. Although we didn’t progress to synchronised pirouettes, the sun was shining on us and nobody landed on their derrieres! We’re looking forward to perfecting our skills and getting back on the ice this time next year.
Posted on November 21st, 2016 by Ronak Lakhani
Posted in DefinitiveDx
Felix and Ahmad from DefinitiveDx were at the event with DigitalHealth.London
The 2016 Global Innovation And New Technology (GIANT) health event took place during the 16th-18th November at the Coronet in London, and the DefinitiveDx team were there to demonstrate the new way for doctors to share and discuss complex patient cases with people from all over the globe.
The conference was a great way to bring together life science organisations and innovators to develop new initiatives and partnerships, as well as share ideas and technologies within the health space and beyond. We were there with DigitalHealth.London, after having recently been selected as one of the top 32 SMEs to join the DigitalHealth.London Accelerator programme.
The event was a fantastic opportunity to not only meet people working in diverse organisations from the global health community, but to discover new and innovative ways that could potentially transform healthcare and people’s lives by thinking about novel solutions in diagnostics, therapies and health tech.
The three day programme also featured a range of excellent talks from those at the forefront of digital health, discussing the future of the healthcare industry. We look forward to attending again in 2017!
Posted on November 11th, 2016 by Matt Noble
Posted in medDigital
Guess who’s back, back again, Matt is back, tell a friend (re-purposed lyrics from Eminem’s hit Without Me, not a cry for attention!).
So President Donald Trump is currently celebrating his election victory, despite many considering this an unlikely outcome in recent weeks. Some are beside themselves at this result, but rather than comment on this and risk turning our blog into a political battelfield. I thought this would be a great opportunity to show how the Internet and social media can provide a whole host of entertainment to distract from pretty much anything!
It occurred to me that often in the middle of surfing the web you can quickly be reading about U.S. election results and within minutes be looking at funny pictures on the Internet.
So please enjoy a variety of meme’s, images and video links I found within 15 mins of reading about the U.S. election result and some personal favorites I’ve seen in recent weeks:
You’ll notice that Peep Show and The Simpsons feature as I follow fantastic quote pages for both on Instagram.
Finally here’s a a couple of videos of a goat and a seal screaming like a man, hilarious!
(Journey of distraction complete)
P.S. This blog does not reflect the political view of medDigital and no political views were harmed during it’s making.